APPROXIMATE WHIP LENGTHS
FOR 11 METERS ( CB )
AMATEUR BAND (10MTR)
1. Actual length for your installation may vary, due to differences in vehicles and grounding.
2. Lengths listed above are for antenna whip only, measured from corona discharge tip to bottom of whip.
3. Antenna mast allows an additional 1-¼" adjustment of antenna. This allows for correcting and adding length if whip is cut to short.
4. To cut the stainless steel antenna whip, bolt cutters will easily do the job, however a standard hacksaw may also be used.
5. For frequencies other than those listed above, use the following formula:
a. 468 ÷ F = ½W
b. ½W ÷ 2 x 12 - C = Whip Length
WHERE: F = Frequency desired ; W = Wavelength ; C = Coil Factor
(Coil Factor : for W-1000 use : C=41.65 ; for Trucker 5" use: C=52.21 ; for Trucker 10" use C=53.84)
The lengths calculated will be an approximate starting point only. Trim for best SWR.